Friday 21 October 2011

A Hop, a skip, and a jump

To sum up my 3 connecting flights from Vancouver to Bangkok, they were excellent. After being dropped off and bid Bon voyage by dad, I said goodbye to my shiny new MEC backpack and shuffled my way through customs.

I thoroughly enjoyed one final TimHortons before a quick 50 minute flight to Seattle. This flight was delayed 15 minutes bit with 1.5hr+ connection windows, I wasn't the least bit concerned. Little did I know, my bag wasn't ready to go yet...

Boarding the 11hour flight to Narita, Japan, I thought to myself 'Where are all the Japanese people at?" Honestly, this plane looked like a commuter flight from Regina to Pheonix. It's a tiny world we live in when a few days' pay can bring you halfway around the globe overnight.

Delayed baggage Karma must have been paying off early for me, (more on this in the next post) because I scored 4 seats to myself for the entire flight. 11 hours is pretty casual when you can lounge across an entire bench. A couple movies and a nap later, I touched down in Japan.

More than halfway there.

Even with a neighbour, a 6hr flight was going to fly by, even if it was now 5pm local, but 2am in my head. Luckily my seat mate was pretty small, and fittingly, her name was Minnie. "Like the mouse you know?" her words, not mine.

A local Thai girl, she was heading home to family and was more than helpful and patient in answering all my questions. Minnie, if you're reading this, go explore your part of the world!

At 11:15 local time, we touched down at Suvatneram (spelling) international. A place where I would call home for a little longer than I would have hoped...

No comments:

Post a Comment